THE WATER WORKS AND SEWER BOARD OF THE CITY OF
EUFAULA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator – Posted 12/15/2022
Job Summary – This position is responsible for performing specialized duties in the operation of a water or wastewater treatment plant.
Major Duties including:
- Collects water & wastewater samples; performs laboratory analysis; collects samples for state and federal agencies,
- Operates, maintains, and repairs water and wastewater treatment plant equipment.
- Monitors SCADA equipment and makes repairs as needed. Adds treatment chemicals.
- Responds to after-hour emergencies. Keeps and maintains accurate daily logs and records.
- Inspects, maintains, and repair wells, pumping equipment, system piping and lift stations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office, at water or wastewater treatment facilities, and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of, or ability to readily obtain an appropriate state-certified license for water or wastewater treatment as appropriate.
- Possession of, or ability to readily obtain, a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama – CDL “A” preferred, but not required.
Water and Wastewater Systems Technician
Posted January 19, 2023
The Water Works & Sewer Board of the City of Eufaula is accepting applications for a Water and Wastewater Systems Technician. Must have a high school diploma or equivalency, possess a valid driver’s license (CDL preferred), ability to be insured, ability to work nonstandard hours, above average agility, and dexterity and pass a pre-employment screening.
Variety of duties including grounds maintenance, reading water meters, performing line locations, lift station maintenance, assisting with line installation/repair or systems maintenance.
Water and/or Wastewater certification preferred.
Applications may be obtained by contacting email@example.com or by visiting the Eufaula Water Works at 840 W. Washington Street in Eufaula, AL.