Frequently Asked Questions

1. Q: How do I establish service for water, sewer, and trash pick-up?

You will need to come to the office at 840 West Washington Street and fill out an application for service.  You will need to bring a picture ID and the correct amount required for your deposit. If you do not own the property, you may need a copy of your rental or lease agreement. Applications are also available for download online, and can be completed and delivered to our office.

2. Q: Is a deposit required on residential accounts?

Yes.  A $100 deposit is required at the time of application.  A $10 service fee is also collected at this time.  The $100 deposit will stay in your account until you move out of the system, at which time it will be used to pay your final bill.  Any refund will be mailed to your forwarding address.

3. Q: How much is a deposit for business?

$150.00 plus a $10.00 service fee.

4. Q: Where do I go to pay my bill?

840 West Washington Street during business hours. A night drop-box is available for after hours, or payment can be mailed to Eufaula Water Works and Sewer Board P. O. Box 26, Eufaula, AL 36072. You may also pay by phone at (866) 329-3268, or at (Please note that customer numbers require the leading 0’s. Fees will not be forgiven for customer numbers entered incorrectly.)

5. Q: What are acceptable forms of payment?

We accept CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDERS, ELECTRONIC BANK DRAFTS, and PAY-BY-PHONE*.  In order to set up your bill to be drafted from your checking account, you must pick up the paperwork at our office. After the paperwork is completed and processed, it will take approximately two (2) months before becoming active. We currently accept Credit Cards* or Debit Cards* as a form of payment in the office.  Credit Card and Debit Card payments are accepted on pay-by-phone or on the website.

*Third Party Processing Fees Apply to POS, Online, and Phone Payments

6. Q: Is there an emergency number for after work hours and weekends?

Yes.  Our emergency number is (334) 687-1225.  An after hours fee MAY apply for work done during non-business hours.

7. Q: Can you have someone sign for service without paying the deposit?


8. Q: When I fill out my application, how soon will it be before I can get service?

If you complete the application before 4 pm, service can normally begin the same day for locations with existing water meters and sewer connections. If this is a new service location, then it may take several weeks to install the necessary water meter and/or sewer tap. Please note any work done on Friday will be considered afterhours and applicable fee applies.

8. Q: What demarcates the Water Works’ responsibility and customer responsibility of field equipment?

Water: The customer’s side of water service shall be the point on the downstream side of the actual meter or approximate property line, whichever is nearest the street or easement where the water main is located.

Sanitary Sewer: The customer’s side of the sewer line shall be the point of the approximate property or easement line where the sewer main is located where a cleanout exists. Where no cleanout exists at approximate property/easement line, the customer is responsible to the sewer main.